1 a brief high-pitched buzzing or humming sound; "the zing of the passing bullet"
Moby Thesaurusaggressiveness, animation, ardor, ball the jack, bang, barrel, boom, bowl along, breeze, breeze along, brio, brush, clip, cut along, dash, drive, elan, enterprise, enthusiasm, esprit, fire, fleet, flit, fly, fly low, foot, get-up-and-go, ginger, go fast, highball, initiative, kick, life, make knots, nip, oomph, outstrip the wind, pep, pepper, piss and vinegar, pizzazz, poop, pour it on, punch, push, rip, scorch, sizzle, skim, snap, speed, spunk, starch, storm along, sweep, tear, tear along, thrust, thunder along, verve, vim, whisk, whiz, zip, zoom
- Rhymes with: -ɪŋ
a short high-pitched humming sound
zest or vitality
- To move very quickly, especially while making a high-pitched hum.
- To spiral one's index finger toward a baby's belly and poke it, in order to provoke laughter for entertainment purposes.
Zing may refer to:
- Zing (punctuation)
- Zing Technologies, a company that makes collaborative team learning and meeting systems
- Z39.50 International Next Generation, a standard for information retrieval supported by the United States Library of Congress
- Steve Zing (born 1964), drummer for Implosion, Mourning Noise, The Undead and Samhain
- Zing A Little Zong, a popular song from the 1952 movie Just for You
- A "flavoured juice" brand, by New Zealand Dairy Foods
- Zing.vn (the portal of VinaGame company)